Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sons of Scotland! I am your biggest fan.*

I've been told good things come to those who wait, or at least that's the idea anyways.
I started to realize something about my dating habits upon flipping through pages of my journal, the book that holds all the deep dark secrets I'm even too embarrassed to share to strangers. What I realized was that I date the same guy over and over again; starts the same way, ends the same way. I feel the exact same way about everyone of them start to finish.
Why do I do this? I went to college and out of all the fish in the cesspool I took interest in one who was emotionally unavailable, ridiculously insensitive and more over, completely unapologetic. Alas, I learned my lesson and self-destruction is out of my system for at least another few months or so.

For the past couple months I've been hanging out with a nice Scottish boy who recently moved to the US to play on my school's soccer team. We actually met in my school's cafeteria in the pizza line. (side note: pizza= safe choice= doesn't act as colon blow upon leaving the dining hall) When I saw him my jaw literally dropped... I mean I usually always browse in every public setting, but he really caught my eye. Then he opened his mouth and out came the most powerful aphrodisiac known to all womankind, and I suppose guys as well, an accent. Not just any accent, a scottish one!

I kept running into the Scot and eventually we started talking. One day I saw him in the cafe and I told him about how I had visited a place called West Rock in New Haven and how I would really love to bring him there. Its super beautiful and a choice spot to spark a joint.

Photobucket

Pretty, right??

We never actually went to West Rock but we did start talking regularly and eventually begun hanging out. Although the accent really intrigued me, perhaps because I assumed he was different in other ways too, once I started to get to know him I was pleasantly surprised to find a very wholesome person with similar values and ideals to mine. A great looking Scot with morals? Wow, that sounds delicious, I'll have two!

As we hung out I was beginning to wonder just how he saw me....He insisted on paying for me, was quite the gentleman and quite a bit of flirting went down. But he never made a move. So I began to think, after a couple months of the same old hug goodnight, ahem what the fuck Scotty?
Just as I was about to give up, he professed his love to me one night (something that went a little like: "I fancy the arse off you.") and kissed me shortly there after. Halllllllelujah folks.

Stay tuned for more tales of the Scot.. :)
P.S. Bloggers, I'm now and forever a legal adult. 18 has finally come!


*"Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace" -Braveheart

2 comments:

TKTC said...

Damn straight, lady...glad college has broadened the dating horizons. And the rock is a pretty perfect perch- lovely shot!

Cunning_Linguist said...

18? We need to celebrate ( btw.. west haven is part of my old stomping grounds). Say the word and I'll throw ya a quarter... diesel's goin' round. Nice way to celebrate the b-day.... by not remembering most of it,lol.